Higher Education Finance
Higher Education tuition fee loans available through Student Finance England.
Higher Education Access to Learning Fund
HE-ALF application forms are available from the Advice Centre at the start of July.
Please Note: the HE-ALF is not available to students studying with us on a franchised basis, (you may be eligible for extra support via your parent institution).
This hardship fund assists higher education students with specific needs. Funds are awarded on a discretionary and case-by-case basis. To be eligible for support you must be on an HNC, HND, or a Foundation Degree course on a non-franchised and non-sponsored basis and have accessed all of the available funds via Student Finance England.
Part-time students may be able to get help towards childcare costs for hours associated with their course.
Full time HE learners should access the childcare provision available from Student Finance England at www.gov.uk/childcare-grant
Visit The Student Room for more information on HE financial support.
Disabled Students' Allowance
As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including
- long-term health condition
- mental health condition
- specific learning difficulty, eg dyslexia
- The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income
If eligible you could get help with;
- specialist equipment, for example a computer if you need one because of your disability.
- non-medical helpers
- extra travel because of your disability
- other disability-related costs of studying
- For more information and to apply please visit www.gov.uk