Sales - Level 3 Certificate (NVQ)
National Vocational Qualifications are one of the most popular qualifications within industry as they are delivered during working hours and demonstrate competency within a job role. These qualifications are based on national occupational standards, which are statements of performance that describe what competent people in a particular occupation are expected to be able to do. They cover all the main aspect of a specified occupation, including current best practice and are ideal for addressing skills gaps as well as identifying competence.
To achieve the full qualification, candidates must attain a minimum of 37 credits in total, comprising all the mandatory units and the remaining credits will be achieved by selecting optional units.
The Learning and Skills Development Officer will provide support and guidance in selecting the appropriate units.
• Complying with legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in a sales or marketing role
• Negotiating, handling objections and closing sales
• Time planning in sales
• Selling at exhibitions
• Meeting customers’ after sales needs
• Communicating information and knowledge
• Obtaining and analysing sales related information
• Obtaining and analysing competitor information
• Buyer behavior in sales situations
• Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels
• Pricing for sales promotions
• Preparing and delivering a sales presentation
• Developing and implementing sales call plans
• Assisting customers in obtaining finance for purchases
• Assessing customers’ credit status
To be working a minimum of 10 hours per week in a appropriate vocational role which will enable you to gather the evidence for your qualification
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this qualification will be via direct observation in the working environment. Knowledge will also be assessed via assignments or a portfolio of evidence. Some of the evidence used in portfolios will include; witness testimonies, professional discussion and the learners' own plans and written records.
What can I do next
Upon completing this qualification a review will take place with yourself and your employer to discuss progression opportunties which may lead to further study.