Diploma in Plastering, Level 2
Build on your knowledge gained at level 1 and learn the complexities of applying render materials to external surfaces and fixing dry lining and plasterboards. This course is a great stepping stone to an apprenticeship or employment.
Please note that the full time option for this course is predominantly aimed at 16 to 19 year olds. However, if you’re an adult, why not consider our part-time option.
To join this course you must have either:
- 4 GCSEs (A*-D) or (Grade 3 and above) including maths and English or Level 1 Functional Skills
- Appropriate Level 1 qualification in a related subject area
- Relevant industry experience
Entry will be subject to a satisfactory reference and interview.
Entry decisions will be discretionary at interview. Students will continually be assessed through probation period to ensure they are on the correct level.
- Apply Render Materials to External Surfaces
- Fix Dry Lining and Plasterboard Products to Interiors
- Form Sand and Cement Screeds
- Produce Fibrous plaster Components
- Position and Secure Fibrous Plaster Components
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a variety of methods including, written assessments, end tests, practical activities and practical examinations.
What can I do next
Successful completion of this course will allow you to continue onto a Extended Diploma in Construction, Level 3. Alternatively you can progress into employment or work based training opportunities.