Diploma in Bench Joinery, Level 2
Do you have a keen interest in a career in Bench Joinery? Are you skilled with your hands? Would you like the chance to improve your skills for employment? Our specialist course in bench joinery provides students with the knowledge and skills to progress in to a rewarding career in the wood occupation industry. Throughout the course you will gain real working experience in a variety of areas from preparation and use of joinery power tools to manufacturing joinery products such as windows, doors and staircase. You will hone your craft in well-equipped workshops and learn the essential safe working practices and the health and safety regulations applicable to your industry.
To join this course you must have either:
- 4 GCSEs (A*-D) or (Grade 3 and above) including maths and English or Level 1 Functional Skills
- Appropriate Level 1 qualification in a related subject area
- Relevant industry experience
Entry will be subject to a satisfactory reference and interview.
Entry decisions will be discretionary at interview. Students will continually be assessed through probation period to ensure they are on the correct level.
- Information, quantities and communication with others
- Operate cutting and shaping machinery
- Mark out for routine joinery products
- Produce setting out details for routine joinery products
- Manufacture routine joinery products
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a variety of methods including; written assessments, end tests, practical activities and practical examinations.
What can I do next
Upon successful completion of this course you can continue onto our Diploma in Bench Joinery, Level 3 . You can also pursue employment in the carpentry industry or work-based training.